London – best travel tips for you!
Where to go, what to see and try – such questions arise for everyone who is going to visit London. Travel Mode ON will tell you how to save time and money, as well as the secret places where you can find the true spirit of the Great Britain.
1. If you travel by plane, you will arrive at Heathrow or Gatwick Airport. The first one is more popular, but it is located 25 kilometers from the city. Most often, travelers go to the city center with regular Heathrow Express buses, which depart every 15 minutes. The ticket costs £ 26.50, but if you buy it online in advance, the price will drop to £ 21.50. There are much cheaper ways- every 25 minutes a fast train Heathrow Connect leaves from Heathrow. You can get to Paddington Station for just £ 10.10 by this train. Also, there is metro in Heathrow. One station is located between Terminals 2 and 3, and another two near Terminal 4 and Terminal 5. The fare is £ 5.70.
2. If your budget is quite low, but you still want to stay in central London, we recommend hotels that cost less than £ 100 per night:
3. In order to significantly reduce all your expenses during your vacation in London, we recommend to buy an Oyster Card. It gives significant discounts on travel in the city: a ticket to travel by bus will cost £ 1.20 (usually £ 2), and travel by metro £ 2.30 (usually £ 4.80). More information you can find here.
4. Start your acquaintance with a sightseeing tour. And you should not spend money on the famous double-decker buses. You can join absolutely free walking tours Sandemans New Europe Tours. More information about free excursion you cand find in this link. So you can explore the main attractions, and even make a friend among the locals. If you do not have much time, but you want to see something new, go on a 2-hour sightseeing tour of the main attractions of the British capital. The maximum concentration of interesting and useful information is guaranteed!
5. Walk more: experienced travelers say that the tourist center of London is small, which means that all the famous sights can be explored just by walking. And in passing, you can explore the colorful London places, such as Borough Market, Royal Hyde Park and Regents Park, Camden Town and Islington Borough.
6. Visit the museums. In England, it is considered bad form to come to the city and not get acquainted with its culture. This is because the British made the entrance free in many significant London museums. For example, you can visit the Historical-Archaeological British Museum, the Museum of London and the British Library for free.
7. If you want to find out about non-tourist London, go to the Regents Canal. It is also called Little Venice, and usually visitors do not get here. A walk in small boats or special mini-barges costs £ 8.30 for adults and £ 6.80 for children.
8. You can see the most amazing panorama of London not only from the famous London Eye, but also from the park on Primrose Hill. This is one of the most favorite vacation spots of Londoners. From here, you can admire a stunning view of the skyscrapers and the same London Eye.
9. Experienced travelers advise to save time for a leisurely walk along the south bank of the Thames. Start your journey from Waterloo Bridge and walk to the Tate Modern Gallery (by the way, entrance is also free). First, you will enjoy a wonderful view of all the iconic sights of the city. And secondly, along the way, you will be able to explore many other equally interesting cultural places in London – the Royal Festival Hall, the British Film Institute, the OXO tower and the Globus Theater.
Safety Travel Tips for Tourists!
Safety travel is very important for each of us. Even if you are not traveling for the first time, you are still not insured against unforeseen situations on the way. Starting with tickets and passports and ending with the handling of money, on a journey…
Top 10 dishes to try in Italy!
Travel Mode ON prepared a list with 10 dishes that you you definitely need to try in Italy. The taste of Italian cuisine can’t be compared to others. Despite the widespread assertion that Italy is the birthplace of pasta and pizza, here you can try…
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite post!