Where to go, what to see and try – such questions arise for everyone who is going to visit London. Travel Mode ON will tell you how to save time and money, as well as the secret places where you can find the true spirit of Great Britain.
1. If you travel by plane, you will arrive at Heathrow or Gatwick Airport. The first one is more popular, but it is located 25 kilometers from the city. Most often, travelers go to the city center with regular Heathrow Express buses, which depart every 15 minutes. The ticket costs £ 26.50, but if you buy it online in advance, the price will drop to £ 21.50. There are much cheaper ways- every 25 minutes a fast train Heathrow Connect leaves from Heathrow. You can get to Paddington Station for just £ 10.10 by this train. Also, there is a metro in Heathrow. One station is located between Terminals 2 and 3, and another two near Terminal 4 and Terminal 5. The fare is £ 5.70.
Photo by Mona Eendra
2. If your budget is quite low, but you still want to stay in central London, we recommend hotels that cost less than £ 100 per night:
3. To significantly reduce all your expenses during your vacation in London, we recommend buying an Oyster Card. It gives significant discounts on travel in the city: a ticket to travel by bus will cost £ 1.20 (usually £ 2), and travel by metro £ 2.30 (usually £ 4.80). More information you can find here.
4. Start your acquaintance with a sightseeing tour. And you should not spend money on the famous double-decker buses. You can join free walking tours Sandemans New Europe Tours. More information about free excursion you cand find in this link. So you can explore the main attractions, and even make a friend among the locals. If you do not have much time, but you want to see something new, go on a 2-hour sightseeing tour of the main attractions of the British capital. The maximum concentration of interesting and useful information is guaranteed!
Photo by Jack Finnigan
5. Walk more: experienced travelers say that the tourist center of London is small, which means that all the famous sights can be explored just by walking. And in passing, you can explore the colorful London places, such as Borough Market, Royal Hyde Park, and Regents Park, Camden Town, and Islington Borough.
6. Visit museums. In England, it is considered bad form to come to the city and not get acquainted with its culture. This is because the British made the entrance free in many significant London museums. For example, you can visit the Historical-Archaeological British Museum, the Museum of London and the British Library for free.
7. If you want to find out about non-tourist London, go to the Regents Canal. It is also called Little Venice, and usually, visitors do not get here. A walk-in small boats or special mini-barges costs £ 8.30 for adults and £ 6.80 for children.
Photo by Ben Garratt
8. Experienced travelers advise saving time for a leisurely walk along the south bank of the Thames. Start your journey from Waterloo Bridge and walk to the Tate Modern Gallery (by the way, entrance is also free). First, you will enjoy a wonderful view of all the iconic sights of the city. And secondly, along the way, you will be able to explore many other equally interesting cultural places in London – the Royal Festival Hall, the British Film Institute, the OXO Tower, and the Globus Theater.
9. You can see the most amazing panorama of London not only from the famous London Eye but also from the park on Primrose Hill. This is one of the most favorite vacation spots of Londoners. From here, you can admire a stunning view of the skyscrapers and the same London Eye.
Photo by Ciprian Boiciuc
Top 5 coffee shops in Berlin!
You must visit Berlin not only to see the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag or the Berlin Wall but also to enjoy the atmosphere of freedom, to feel life and to be inspired for something new. All this can be done sitting in trendy coffee shops,…
The difference between airline classes!
Have you been trying to understand why a ticket to a business class is 3 times more expensive than to an economy? It’s simple: in each class, you will find a different level of service and bonuses. And if the economy involves a basic set…
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite post!