Paris – Life Hacks For Perfect Trip!
Travel More ON shares for you some useful like hacks that will help make the trip to Paris a real holiday without the slightest worries. As Hemingway said that Paris is a holiday that is always with you. We will not contradict the great writer, but just help you to create unforgettable memories.
How to get from the airport to the city center?
It all depends on where you arrive. There are three main options: Roissy-Charles de Gaulle – is the largest airport to which most international flights arrive; Orly – mainly for intern flights; Beauvais – airport low-cost airlines.
From Roissy-Charles de Gaulle to Paris
The easiest and budget option is a suburban train (RER) + metro, so we’ll tell you about this method. Upon arrival at the airport, simply follow the signs “Paris par train”, and you will find the station. You need a line B. Do not confuse, otherwise, you will arrive somewhere through Lille or Bordeaux (which, by the way, is not such a bad idea). Upon arrival at the station, you will see the ticket machines. Ticket price – € 11.4.
From the airport, you need to get to the station, where you can make a transfer by subway. The closest is Gare du Nord.
Travel time from the airport to Gare du Nord is approximately 40-50 minutes. Trains run approximately every 12 minutes from 4:56 to 23:40.
From Orly to Paris
You can get from Orly to the city by taking the ORLYVAL bus to the Anthony station. From Anthony Station, take the RER suburban train.
Travel time – 5-10 minutes by bus + 20-25 minutes by train. Price – € 12. Opening hours: from 6:00 to 23:35
From Beauvais to Paris
if you landed at Beauvais airport, we have 2 news for you – bad and good. Good – you obviously flew to Paris at a bargain price, since this is a low-cost airport, the bad one is that this is the farthest airport from the capital – it is located 90 km from the city center.
You can get to Paris from Beauvais in two ways – by bus and train. The bus goes from the airport to the metro station Porte Maillot and departs 15-30 minutes after the arrival of each flight. You can get to Paris in 1-1.5 hours.
Like hack: bus tickets are best bought online and in advance – it’s cheaper. The price of the ticket online is € 15.9, in the ticket office or slot machine – € 17.
If you are not looking for easy ways, you can get to the train station of Beauvais and from there go to Paris by train to Gare du Nord (North Station). Ticket price – € 10.
Districts of Paris. Where to stay?
There are many districts in Paris and each of them is beautiful in its own way, so it will be much easier to tell where we do not advise you to stop:
- The 10th arrondissement near the East (Gare de l’Est) and North Station (Gare du Nord) and the 20th – there are the consequences of the liberal policy of France towards migrants. So, you could not feel comfortable in such places.
- Saint-Denis is not the safest region of Paris. Yes, there are two places worthy of your attention – the Basilique Saint-Denis Basilica and the Stade de France sports complex, but this is not a reason to stop here.
- The 11th and 20th arrondissements are nearby the Belleville and Couronnes metro stations. Belleville is a model of Paris internationalism: if you go to the left you will find yourself in Chinatown, if you go to right you will see the variation of the Red Light District and more others.
No racism, just our mission to warn that such a many-sided Paris does not drive you into a culture shock and leave only pleasant memories.
At first glance, the map of the Paris metro may seem to you an incredibly confusing rebus with 303 stations! But in reality, everything is not so scary. Metro in Paris is an incredibly handy thing that eliminates the need to use a taxi. In addition, you can easily wave to the suburbs, changing the metro line to the train line.
Life hack: If you need a map of Paris with information about public transport, you can ask it from the metro workers at any station – and get it for free.
What to see?
Travel Mode ON prepared for you a list of useful links with all the information about the sights you should visit in Paris:
- Paris – the perfect guide for you!
- Paris is instantly recognizable
- Best Things To Do in Paris
- THE ULTIMATE PARIS BUCKET LIST: TOP 43 PLACES AND ATTRACTIONS TO VISIT
- The 10 Must-See Places to Visit in Paris For a Tourist
Free Wi-Fi in Paris
Free Wi-Fi in Paris is available in 260 public places – parks, libraries, and tourist centers. As soon as the ORANGE network is within reach, feel free to connect to it, fill out an online form and – voila – you have free internet.
Other useful tips:
- Great news for lovers of freebies – in the Louvre you can go completely free! From October to March every first Sunday of the month the museum holds an open door. If this day does not coincide with the dates of your trip, we suggest at least save time: buy a ticket to the Louvre in advance on the official website. In this case, you will not need to stand for long hours (without exaggeration) in the queue at the cashier. Entrance for those who already have tickets is in the aisle opposite the Pyramid, leading to the Palais Royal Palace. In addition, if you already have a ticket, you can get to the Louvre through the Carrousel du Louvre shopping center, which is on the same level as the museum ticket office.
- In large supermarkets after 22:00, alcohol is not sold, but in small shops, there are no problems with this.
- There are free outdoor toilets throughout Paris, which are open from 6:00 to 22:00. The toilets are very clean and decent, but you need to take into account one thing: the toilets are cleaned automatically, and therefore do not enter the booth in any case immediately after the previous people left. So you risk being disinfected and sprinkled with water. You go to the toilet only when the green light comes on.
Safety Travel Tips for Tourists!
Safety travel is very important for each of us. Even if you are not traveling for the first time, you are still not insured against unforeseen situations on the way. Starting with tickets and passports and ending with the handling of money, on a journey…
Top 10 dishes to try in Italy!
Travel Mode ON prepared a list with 10 dishes that you you definitely need to try in Italy. The taste of Italian cuisine can’t be compared to others. Despite the widespread assertion that Italy is the birthplace of pasta and pizza, here you can try…
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite post!