What you need to know if you are for the first time on a ski resort?
Many people plan their winter vacation in the warm countries and the sea, but some go to conquer the snow-covered slopes. It is for those who are going for the first time to ski. We have prepared some useful tips.
This is something without you can’t skiing or snowboarding. Ski/snowboard, boots, poles, glasses, and all related components could be rent on-site, but this is expensive because prices at resorts are far from low cost. Therefore, if you do not have the equipment, you can buy here:
The main point for any skier. Of course, you need a special suit for skiing, boots, gloves, and glasses. Cap and scarf can be simple, there are no special requirements for them.
For beginners who have never stood on skis, it would be wise to rent a suit for the first time. Remember that a good ski suit should not only protect you from cold and wind but also have many other properties. Therefore, choosing equipment, pay attention to the following parameters:
- water resistance – an indicator of 5000 mm will suffice;
- vapor permeability – not less than 5000 mm / sq. m;
- shoes should fit tightly to the leg, but do not press your fingers. Rigidity is also important: for beginners, shoes made of non-rigid plastic, in which you can walk.
- when you choose shoes, give preference to models with metal clasps;
- buy special ski socks, their length should be higher than the boot;
- The best glasses are mirror. If you wear glasses for vision, then special models are provided for such cases;
- You must take with you waterproof trekking boots, warm gloves and a spare hat. You do not think that you will stay around the slope for days, right? You also can walk in the surrounding mountains and villages to diversify your vacation.
Yes, yes, you were not mistaken. Going to ride, you need to not forget about this point. Of course, you shouldn’t take with you a lot of food, because rest in the mountains is also a tasting of local cuisine, but taking a healthy snack in the form of chocolate, nuts and dried fruit on the track will be very useful. A favorite coffee/tea in a thermos bottle, that will warm you after a day on skiing.
Going to conquer the mountains for the first time, it is useful to get insurance. Then, if necessary, you will be provided with the services of a doctor, necessary medications and (if necessary) a stay in the hospital. But even with the insurance in the pocket, you must have some medications with you. What medications should be taken with you? Anesthetic, cream or ointment for sprains and an ointment with a warming effect on the case of muscular “stretch”, sunscreen for the face with high SPF (choose a special winter version), as well as a patch and an elastic bandage.
Photo by www.freepik.com
5. More information
These nuances could be useful for beginner skiers:
- First of all, to climb the mountain and start skiing, you will need a lift. For beginners, this may be a certain difficulty, since the lifts are different and each has its specific use, but experienced instructors instantly solve this problem;
- Take a small waterproof backpack. It is possible to take the necessary things for walking, and, of course, you can ride with it. Choose a model of thick fabric, a stiff back and chest or waist belt;
- Going to the slope, get acquainted with the marking trails. So, it is best to learn on “green” tracks – they are the simplest, with a gentle wide descent, ideal for beginners. The “blue” road is also one of the simple ones, with flat areas, although there may be irregularities, but without jumps and height differences. “Red” tracks are of medium difficulty, with steep descent along the entire length or with alternation of gentle and steep sections. These are more suitable for experienced skiers. On the “black” slopes, only pros are allowed, because on these slopes there are steep descents, and you need to be able to maneuver and make jumps;
- On the slope, do not exceed the speed and try to keep at a sufficient distance from other skiers to have time to drive around the fallen or maneuvering skier;
- If you come across someone or something, be sure to check if the damage was caused;
- Without an important reason, do not stop on the track. If you have fallen, then try to quickly move to that part of it, where no one will hit you;
- Before skating, do some exercises to warm up your muscles. This will help avoid cramps and sprains;
- Take a map of the ski resort. She will not only show you the lifts and descents but also, if necessary, first aid points.
Photo by Viktor Hanacek
Coronavirus and Ecology: Unexpected Consequences of the Epidemic
The spread of coronavirus is changing life on the planet. Due to the fact that people are obligated to stay at home, there are a lot of consequences: planes stopped flying, the number of harmful emissions decreased, industrial production stopped, in Venice, the water in…
How people greet each other in different countries?
If you decide to go to an unfamiliar country, it would be nice to find out something about the customs and norms of everyday etiquette. How to avoid uncomfortable situations and to have proper behavior? Handshake Where? Europe, USA, Australia, some countries of Africa, Asia,…
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite post!